Injury | Medical Malpractice Attorney
Victor H. Pribanic is a Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice attorney. He also frequently practices in the areas of: Automobile Defects, Birth Injuries, Business Litigation and Employment Issues, Civil Trials and Arbitration, Criminal Law and Trials, and Product Liability and Defective Products. 95% of Victor’s practice is devoted to Litigation.
Victor is the founding member of Pribanic & Pribanic, a Pittsburgh based regional trial practice firm. He is a graduate of Bowling Green State University and Duquesne University School of Law. He began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in Pittsburgh and founded the present firm in 1984.
As a top Pittsburgh Personal Injury Attorney, Victor has tried and settled a variety of civil tort claims and occasionally represents clients in criminal matters in the United States District and State Courts.
PERSONAL INJURY & PHYSICIAN NEGLIGENCE ATTORNEY RESULTS, AND MORE
Recent notable verdicts include a $103 million accounting malpractice verdict, a $2.2 million defamation verdict in the State of New Jersey, a $1.175 million products liability verdict against General Motors and in February of 2007, he recovered the largest and first significant medical malpractice Plaintiff’s verdict in Butler County, Pennsylvania, in which the jury awarded $600,000.00 for the death of a stillborn infant.
“WHAT IS A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER?”
A significant portion of his current practice is devoted to medical negligence and drug defect claims in which he has been able to obtain numerous seven and eight figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in a wide variety of medical matters.
He is a frequent speaker in the area of trial methods generally and within the medical negligence area.
Victor has been a life long member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association), the Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers, the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County and a variety of other professional organizations.
Victor is a native of McKeesport, Pennsylvania and can usually be found when he is not in the courtroom (depending on the season), wandering around the country with his bird dogs or knee deep in a trout stream with a fly rod.
§ Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
o J.D. – 1979
§ Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
o B.A. cum laude – 1976
§ CLASSES/SEMINARS: Lecturer, Trial Practices and Medical Malpractice
VICTOR PRIBANIC IN THE NEWS: “You have to spend time with your clients, and you need to know them,’’ Victor Pribanic told BloombergBusiness in an article about a GM failed ignition switch case involving fatal injury.
· $103 MILLION – verdict – Accounting Negligence / Fraud
· $21 MILLION – settlement – Product Liability / Medical and Hospital Malpractice
· $10,000,000 medical malpractice victim
· $8 MILLION – settlement – Product Liability / Medical and Hospital Malpractice
· $5.8 MILLION – settlement – Automobile Accident
· $5 MILLION – settlement – Product Liability / Defective Design
· $2.25 MILLION for medical malpractice settlement
· $2.2 MILLION – verdict – Defamation / U-5 Defamation / Fraud / Intentional Interference with Contract
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America, Pittsburgh’s Product Liability Litigator of the Year, 2010
· The Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability and Medical Malpractice, 2010
· Nominated to the American College of Trial Lawyers, 2010
· Admitted to the International Society of Barristers, 2010
· Member, The Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
· AV Martindale Hubbell Rated
· Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2004 – 2013
· The Best Lawyers in America 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
· Top 50 Pittsburgh Super Lawyers, 2011-2012
· Top 25 National Trial Lawyers for Medical Malpractice 2020
Areas of Practice
95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
· Business Litigation and Employment Issues
· Civil Trials and Arbitration
· Criminal Law and Trials
· U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1979
· U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
· U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
· U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court